Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ok, can someone help me in using Adobe Illustrator in conjunction with Adobe Photoshop?

Basically, I'm learning Adobe Illustrator finally. I want to be able to draw the stuff with Illustrator, and then export it to Photoshop. This brings up multiple questions, you can answer some of them, or all of them.



If I want to start a vector with Illustrator, and then use Photoshop with the file, what would be the best way going about that.



Is it WISE to be exporting Illustrator files to Photoshop?



Now from what I have been learning from just today, Illustrator might have all the options I need there, I might not need to export it to photoshop. But here is a big question.



My buddy send me a .psd file. He told me he wants me to pen it up, because he doesnt' know how to use the pen tool, so I want to use Illustrator (too complicated of a drawing to use photoshop to pen it)



How can I pen this up, so that I can send it to my buddy, and he can apply effects to it within Photoshop?



Ok, can someone help me in using Adobe Illustrator in conjunction with Adobe Photoshop?matchless



You can use both of them but in different cases.



Usually I use Illustrator when I need something to print. Because Illustrator works with vector graphics and it's easily scalable. You can make artwork bigger or smaller without any loosing in details.



Photoshop works better with pixel graphics. And I use it when do some works for web. Also for printing if I know final size and resolution (dpi).



And yes, you can freely open ai, eps, psd files with both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment