Monday, October 19, 2009

How do I get good at photoshop?

YES, I've tried it all tutorials, books, manuals and soon to be classes (that won't help) and I can't create a good image on my own in photoshop. I've drawn, liquified and edited text extremly well (in my opinion) and I know all the tools but I can't draw something from scratch that's impressive. Got any hints? Help? Should I draw pixle by pixle? Should I stick to what I'm doing? (NOTE: I only have photoshop 6.0 and flash MX but I might, small chance, uprade to the latest version.)



How do I get good at photoshop?antivirus



Yes, I have two ideas.



1. Keep practicing. I sucked at it so bad the first year, and I got better with practice.



2. I know, you tried the books...but really check out Kevin Ames "CS2 The Art of Photographing Women". It has downnloadable tutorials, and excellent step by step instructions. I improved 100% in the first week I had it.



Learn how to use the tools o photos, and creating from scratch will be easier.



Also, lose the mouse and get a tablet.



How do I get good at photoshop?computer



What I see missing here is the hardware. Are you drawing with a mouse? Because most graphic artists that have impressive stuff out there are using a combination of a drawing tablet hooked up to the PC as well as a mouse. I have an old Wacom drawing tablet from back in the day (it actually has a serial plug on it still, it is pre-USB). That is the tool you are missing, drawing becomes so much easier and so much more intuitive when you are holding a pen on a tablet, and drawing just like you used to bank at school in art class. Go shopping at Wacom, you will love the freedom and possibility that a tablet gives you.

No comments:

Post a Comment